The Management and Staff of Itza Resort (Enchanted Waters Holdings) have been following the evolving COVID-19 case very closely and understand that there may be travel postponement as a precautionary measure. While there is growing concern on the spread of the same, our government has a solid plan in place. Likewise, Itza Resort is on high alert and is following recommendations by the WHO and our local health authorities and have implemented preventative measures.
That said, regarding cancellation requests, we are prepared to hold payment made towards reservations at our hotel for accommodation and other services as credit towards a future stay. Credit hold will have 3 years expiration date and we do not foresee any rate increases for the remainder of 2020 and 2021. Should our rates increase after 2021, we will waive any rate differences for you should your travel be post-2021.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and can be reached via email [email protected] or phone at +1 305-600-2585
Update November 25, 2020
Itza Resort (Enchanted Waters Holdings) is now acquired the Health and Safety Gold Standard Certificate. Find out more at: Tourism Gold Standard Hotels
Who can visit Belize?
Any traveller is permitted to visit Belize at this time. All travellers must:
- download the Belize Health App and input the required information no more than 72 hours prior to landing in Belize, and
- bring along a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival in Belize, or test upon arrival if you are unable to bring a negative PCR test.
Where can I find the Belize Health App?
The Belize Health App is available for download via APK file for Android (version 1.09 or newer) and in the App Store. The App can also be downloaded via https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. The App can be downloaded at any time prior to your trip to Belize, but your information should be entered no more than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Belize. Once complete, you’ll receive a unique travel ID and QR code; it is recommended that you take a screenshot of this to show the Health Officer upon arrival in Belize.
I do not have a smartphone/not travelling with a phone – how will I be able to register for the Belize Health App?
Where can I find a list of all the countries approved for entry to Belize?
The Government of Belize (GOB) does not currently have any travel bans in place. We encourage you to visit www.travelbelize.org regularly for updates on Covid-19, as the situation remains fluid.
What specific measures are being taken in Belize to protect visitors from contracting the virus?
As we reopen for travel, our primary concern is to assure both travellers and residents that Belize’s tourism product is cleaner and safer than ever before. A series of new enhanced health and safety protocols have been put in place to protect visitors, Belizeans, and our communities.
- Mandatory use of face masks in public spaces
- Enforcement of social distancing measures in public spaces such as restaurants, bars, grocery stores, retail stores, etc.
- Introduction of a “Tourism Gold Standard Program” for hotels, restaurants and tour operators, and a certification program for gift shops, and car rentals and taxis. The Gold Standard program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product. Some of these new measures include:
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced cleaning and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Capacity restrictions for all tourism sites to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Smaller tour groups to provide a more intimate tour experience
If I am unable to take a PCR test prior to traveling to Belize, will I be required to test upon arrival? If so, what is the cost of the test?
Yes. It is recommended that you bring along a PCR test taken within 72 hours of your flight to Belize with a negative result as this will provide for a ‘fast track’ arrival process; depending on the results of your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
If you are unable bring along a PCR test, you will be required to take a Covid test upon arrival; the cost is US$50.00.
If I test positive at the airport, will I be able to get a flight back out of Belize without having to be placed in quarantine?
No. All arriving passengers who test positive at the international airport will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at the passengers’ expense. It is therefore recommended that you explore the possibility of acquiring travel insurance prior to your trip to Belize.
Will children (under 16 years old) be required to present a negative PCR test or be tested upon arrival as well?
Yes. Currently children aged 5 years and older are being tested in Belize. As the situation remains fluid, protocols are subject to change.
If you test positive upon arrival, you will be placed in mandatory quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at your expense.
If someone at the resort where I’m staying tests positive for COVID-19, would everyone be quarantined for 14 days?
This is dependent on the Ministry of Health’s contact tracing exercise. The hotel will utilize its communication plan to advise of any necessary steps to be taken.